Fire dampers are passive fire protection products used in HVAC ducts.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
Available in vertical (V), horizontal (H) or Round (C).
Designated as HA, VA, - A type – the curtain is in the air stream.
HB, VB - B type - the curtain is not in the air stream.
HC, VC - round fire damper
NFPA states fire dampers require testing and inspection every 4 years except in hospitals, where frequency is every 6 years.
Did you know your fire dampers have to be inspected 1 year after they’re installed and every 4 years after that? – National Fire Prevention Association – NFPA-90A.
What we are looking for;
- There is complete access to all fire dampers in the building
- Fire dampers have no obstructions or debris
- Connection and sealant is correct and holding strong
- Any wear and tear from use or improper installation
- Imperfections that could prevent the fire damper from working correctly
It is imperative fire dampers be inspected as per NFPA requirements – to ensure they are working correctly and can do their job when it is needed.
The services we would provide;
- Verify unobstructed access to fire dampers
- Provide/install access doors as required
- Remove & inspect fusible link. Replace if needed
- Operate fire damper to verify functionality
- Correct any deficiencies. Replace fire damper if deemed unfit for service
Access doors are essential to compliant fire damper installation and should be installed for easy access.
West Air will be happy to work with your maintenance department. Providing comprehensive information and functionality on the operation of your fire dampers. We follow a detailed check list for our inspection making sure you get the best customer care available. Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote today!
PEACE OF MIND:
West Air Sheet Metal Ltd takes great pride in giving you the peace of mind that if something should happen, you have taken all necessary precautions. We are looking out for your best interests. Please contact email@example.com today.